Saturday, September 26, 2015

THE PERFECTLY IMPERFECT DAUGHTER

THE PERFECTLY IMPERFECT DAUGHTER

“enough!” I screamed
“this is high time now …..you are really taking advantage of my goodness?” mom shrieked
GOODNESS? Seriously…what is the goodness is continuously dragging ur daughter into an unnecessary conversation which is gonna end in “I am not gonna talk to you until I die” and the next minute turn to her and say “bhook lagi h”.


Before you form any judgment about me that how ruthless as I a daughter I am let me tell u , this is not the ONLY adjective I describe for myself….my dad uses even a better one …its called “HOPELESS” with stupid giggles in the background with my lil sister…whose not ACTUALLY THAT LITTLE.

“how many times….how many times do I have to explain u to keep ur shoes on the rack, bag in the cupboard and bread in the fridge…..its like I am talking to the walls” my mum complained
“she DOES hve a figure of that of a wall, large and heavy…” my sister commented
“hey…u …mind ur own business….buzz off” I snapped back…sometimes my sister is such a pain in the ass….with all that stupid drama she tries to create huh
Anyways lets listen to some more amazing defects in me
“u don’t even know how to make simple chapattis ….what more should I expect of you…” mum was almost screaming
“look , its not that I cant …its just I don’t want to…why do u always shift to the cooking thing..its for stupid girls” and suddenly I realized that this comment had made both my mum and sis go complete bonkers and the look on their faces said “GO TALK TO DAD”




SHIT



So I enter my dads study [I feel like a criminal , the way he is removing his specs and both the ladies standing behind him as if to say”BANISH HER”
“ok …umm can u guys be a little less dramatic , hey u” I signaled my sister
“yes u….why are u here? Go out” I ordered …I didn’t want my sister to look at the parade that was just going to begin.
“I am here to see the entertainment” she laughed me off
[pathetic! She was so not sympathetic forget supportive….and I glared back in her eyes giving her the last warning to back off as I couldn’t say anything in front of dad lest all the blame would end up on me which was oh-not-so-cool]
“listen….”my dad began in his grim voice..[get ready for the next 2 hours…I consoled myself]
“I heard what ur mum said…u r not at all helping with the household work…”
“yeah….but I am not interested” I casually replied
“look  everyone has to work to make a house run properly , the same way a cars tyres work together…we too have to support each other”
I started laughing hysterically in my mind  at this car thing, what was next …a trucks six tyres then a rails …and then?!!...wow my dads capable of making me laugh
AND THEN I REALIZED THAT THIS MINDFUL LAUGHTER TOOK THE ROUTE FROM MY VOCAL CHORDS AND WAS NOW SUPER AUDIBLE WITH MY PARENTS STARING AT ME AS IF I WAS A MENTAL PATIENT GIVING A SOLID PROOF TO BE PUT IN THE ASYLUM

“whats there to laugh?...dear I am warning u, mend ur ways” my dad firmly said
“and waise bhi look at urself…u don’t dress up like girls always sitting in pyjamas and shorts, speak stupid sarcasm to ur sister all day, listen to loud noise[can someone correct him ….for god sake its EDM], play with stray animals, feed them the milk we give to u, don’t know how to cross the raod……be on the phone whole day”  “please papa…all my mails and docs are in my smartphone …u don’t expect me to carry a laptop the whole day and I chat with my friends only in a limited time..u only pay my phone bills…has it ever exceeded 200?” I defended

“when we were ur age we spent 1 rs per month and carried a whole rucksacks on our back…huh look at u…cant even carry a laptop bag” he began
“that was years ago !! papaa please …” I pleaded

“ what is the benefit of explaining u the meaning of hardwork ….it just goes over ur head! I am at a loss of a word….u r completely”
“A HOPELESS DUFFER” my sister shrugged
How dare she?
“yeah exactly…now why don’t u first teach ur lil daughter some manners?” I was getting really angry
My dad glared at my sister and she went out of the room
Thankgod I sighed a breath of relief
“u don’t clean up ur mess….u don’t water the plants…u forget ur wallet at home…u r such a kid! When will u grow up” my dad put his hand on the table.
“BAS!....HOW MANY MORE IMPERFECTIONS? Goddd is it my mistake that u guys gave me the defective genes?!.....i am never gonna talk to u people until I die” and I stomp out of the room tearfully and go in my room





After 5 hours
“princess”
“I am not talking to u…go away”
“princess…I have made aloo parantha …come and have some na” mum requested
“baby, come out now else I am coming in” my dad said
“do whatever u want to , I am still not talking”
“ok  fine…kittu ..u eat didis parantha…”mom replied
“certainly, waise bhi moti hoti jaarhi h” she shouted



I ran out of the room ….snatch my plate
“no one eats MY aloo parantha” I say and start eating without making any eye contact
“look dear…u are such a good daughter …why do u act stubborn sometimes” my mum softly patted on my back
“invalid question…I am still not talking” and I continue eating
“ok as u wish” dad said
And I realized that after this no one will come and talk to me and explain me…..so I gulped my yoghurt …cleared my voice and knowing that it was my mistake that I talked so rudely and didn’t clear my mess and all …so basically  I had to initiate

“mum dad…?”
“hmm”
“ I AM SORRY”
Both looked at me with love in their eyes and said “its ok…we know u r so good but just try some time managing ….promise princess?”
“pinky promise” I squealed
And both hugged me….{ with jagjit singhs kagaz ki kashti in the background}

“abbe o….didi ne mujhe sorry nhi bola” my sister frowned
“bolunga bhi nhi” I laughed and run away with her plate of aloo parantha :p

Lifes too short to remain angry ,and that too with our beautiful families,….islie always make them “KEEP SMILINGJ


8 comments:

  1. Hi guys....hope all of u must be having an amazing time...and if not i insist u to read this alot relateable post....
    please do read and share
    also i am eagerly waiting for ur comments and experiences...i love hearing from all u readers
    thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. So sweet. Family ki nok jhok chalti rehti hai!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dis one is really sweet and very relatable..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughed alot yr😂 m bi aisa hi krti Hu ghr pr😜😂 sweet tha😉😊

    ReplyDelete